Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Friday, February 3, 2017

More eye candy......

I've had more fun this week making what I call "mini" albums.. but they are really more like little journal/tag albums or instagram photo albums. Although I don't "do" instagram, these little albums are perfect for small photos or instagram photos, which I understand are about 2x2 inches.

I seem to always gravitate towards making "small" things, such as little mini albums, little tiny boxes, tiny accordian albums, etc. I mean, a tiny one is just as much work as a large one! But I love the small things and miniatures. These following two albums are "one sheet 12x12 pocket albums".  There are many You Tube videos out there on making little booklets or albums from one 12x12 inch sheet of paper. This is one of my all-time favorites!



I was making these just for the fun of it. The two pocket minis I started over two years ago! I had the basic little album made, but needed (and wanted) to decorate them with some of my pretty vintage papers.... and then they turned out so cute, I decided to put them in my Etsy shop. The links to each one are at the end of this post.

More pictures of my "Sweet" pocket mini, full of at least 20 little tags and tiny photo mats: (these little pocket albums measure 3" x 4-1/2" tall and have 8 pocket pages.






There are two "secret" pockets at the top of two of the pages, that hold pretty vintage tags.



One of my pink crocheted hearts and a vintage pink button.


This next pocket mini, "Live Life in Full Bloom", turned out adorable, using some of my older hoarded scrapbook papers. I love how it turned out (same size..... 3" x 4-1/2" tall).  It also has many tags, I think about 26 or so and some little photo mats, with the two "secret" pockets at the top of two pages:



There are 5 quote tags. I found the quotes here and there online and printed them out and then cut the tags out with my Sizzix die cutting machine. Love that machine!
 
Of course I had to add some touches of lace!

I made the "Cherish" tag several  years ago, by using a rubber stamp and stamping it on a brown paper sack (after crinkling it up).. and then I scanned it into my computer to make paper I could print out, and then cut tags from it. 


Some of the tags have a Parisian flare, with the birds, and Bonjour and Post Card. These were cut from some free digital paper from "Free Pretty Things for  You". She has wonderful and awesome free digitals!

The peach colored tags I dry embossed first with little bird cages, and then cut the tags out.
My "big" album (all of 4-1/2" by 6").... comes with it's own little box wrapped with red tulle! I call this one my "Kiss Kiss" album. ........ this is a more traditional album with room for quite a few 4x6 photos. I LOVE the touches of gold here and there in it:


I made this to be more of a "photo album" with many empty pages ready for 4x6 photos and 5 photo mats tucked into side and top pockets. There are also ALOT of tags... I can't remember how many, I think around 30! The description of this album in my Etsy shop will describe the album more and how many tags it has. I didn't make all of these tags... I used some for a collection from Becky Higgins Project Life Lucky Charm collection.  


This is a "photo mat" tag that pulls out from the criss cross pocket page in the middle of the album. Love it! Love the gold.... and see the pink horse with "wild thing I think I love you" on it? 



The larger photo mats.. I think there are 5 in all.

For fun, I made two little vellum envelopes to hold a secret tag to write on, inside.


Tickets and tags!

This is fairly thick, and held together by an attached ribbon that ties into a pretty bow.
So... there's the three little albums I made so far. I'd like to finish two more that I started. One is black....hum.m.m. wonder what I can do with that one? Maybe shabby grunge? 

In case anyone is interested in tutorials for this 4x6 album, the main base album was on Bexswanson's channel right here.  The center page, with the neat criss cross pocket (which page is made with one 12x12" piece of paper) can be found on RoxyFur's channel here on You Tube

 FYI.... I made this sweet little square mini album awhile back, which is also in my Etsy shop.  It's my "Love Notes" album. Very sweet. I think it's about 4" x 4" but not positive. My Etsy description will show the exact size.  On this one I did use a black base and I really like  how it turned out.


Well ladies.. that's what I've been up to this last week, besides scanning fabric and making cards! I'm on such a roll now.. I don't want to leave my craft room. 

Here's the link to my Etsy store (MyPinkPaperCottage).  Click on the "Paper Mini albums" to the left at the top to find all of my albums. 

I'm sorry this was so long, but I just had to share!  

Have a great weekend!


  photo Blogsignature2smallersizeforblog_zps20ad3d10.png

5 comments:

  1. My goodness, Marilyn, I don't know what to say, wow just doesn't cut it, nor does awesome, nor does amazing! Maybe all of them together? You have put a TON of work into these little albums! I know oh so well... because I used to be a SU demonstrator and made many many many of these cute little albums in the day. Since we've downsized, I don't have as much room anymore to spread out and just get into it. I love, love, love your creations! Every little detail is special. I will go by your etsy shop and check it out. What precious gifts for someone special! I sure do wish we lived closer, maybe you could inspire me to get back into papercrafting more. I sold off a ton of my stamps when we downsized, but I kept enough to have a solid base if I ever got back into it. I feel inspired today! Currently I am working on a sewing project, but maybe next up will be one of these little albums. I love how you created your own tags using your own scanned "paper". Do you emboss? I have a ton of glitter that I have embossed with in the past, and haven't gotten it out in ages either. Your black album sounds perfect to go with the grungy style. I am a happy follower with you, for many reasons :) Hugs to you today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to meet you "Spicing Up Idaho"!!! Thank you for the wonderful comment. Those little albums do take awhile to make, but I get totally lost in making them. Amazing that you were a SU demonstrator.. I was a Close to My Heart demonstrator too a few years ago. I still love their stuff and SU stuff and buy some now and then.. there are also so many OTHER wonderful products and papers out there too. Eye candy for me, that's for sure! I'll be following your blog too. Hugs back! Marilyn

      Delete
  2. Wow! A feast for the eyes! I spent quit a bit of time in Pinterest looking at vintage crafts earlier. I should have just come here. Haha. Love the one with the pink crocheted heart. Totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam! I love Pinterest but don't go there too often as I could spend HOURS there just looking at the wonderful projects! I love to make those little hearts.. I need to make more!

      Delete
  3. Marilyn, how absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete